The client who signifies his acceptance of a booking does so on behalf of himself and persons under his authority, which means that all are bound by the terms and conditions of GoGravel as if they had made the application themselves.
Go Gravel Photo Safaris CC (2011/4517) trading as Go Gravel Photo Safaris is a company registered in Namibia with sole director Frederick Jandre Germishuizen. CapturEarth in conjunction with Namibia Tracks and Trails will assist guide participants on the tour advertised in this document.
1. This tour will start on the 17th of June 2020 and the all-inclusive cost is $ 3 850.00 per person, single or sharing. The price for anyone paying from a South African/Namibian account by EFT is ZAR/NAD 55 000.00. This price is exclusively for local EFT payments.
2. This tour is costed in USD and that is thus the only fixed price. All prices shown in other currencies are subject to the fluctuation thereof. We do our best to update foreign currency prices regularly, but we advise that you do a calculation at the current exchange rate for an accurate price in your preferred currency.
3. As stipulated in the payment and cancellation terms, a non-refundable deposit of $1 200.00 is payable when booking (R15 000.00 for local EFT payments).
4. A final payment of $2 650.00 will be payable 60 days prior to the start of the tour, 17 April 2020 (R40 000.00 for local EFT payments).
Included in the Tour
1. Single occupancy is standard, except for couples.
2. Ground Transport for the entire duration of the tour in a comfortable, air-conditioned 4x4 vehicle, driven by a professional Namibian driver.
3. Concession fees to spend 5 nights in the Namib desert wilderness.
4. All tourism taxes and park entry fees.
5. All meals commencing with dinner on 17 June 2020 and finishing with breakfast on 24 June 2020.
6. All accommodation/lodging costs.
7. Continuous assistance with your photography and image processing by the guide.
8. The services of a highly experienced local guide and driver.
9. A highly experienced tour leader with great knowledge and experience of landscape photography.
Not Included in the Tour
1. Airfare to and from Walvis Bay
2. Travel Insurance Beverages
3. Non-meal-time snacks and drinks
4. Travel visas and associated costs, if applicable.
5. Expenses of a personal nature, not specifically included above.
6. Credit card surcharges
7. Guarantee of any specific weather conditions or wildlife sightings
Travel Insurance Is Compulsory
1. Due to the remote destinations visited for this photo tour, participants are required to purchase emergency evacuation insurance coverage at their expense. To emphasize, emergency evacuation insurance is MANDATORY for this photo tour. You will have to supply your policy document to us to be allowed on the tour.
2. If you are unsure about where to purchase this cover, most general insurers, banks and travel agencies sell travel insurance. A lot of banks offer it complimentary when using your credit card to purchase plane tickets. Simply contact your insurance broker or bank to find out more.
3. If you pay for this photo tour or your airfare using your credit card and you opt to use the general travel insurance associated with major credit cards, we urge you to check that this cover provides fully for emergency evacuation. Also, please ensure that all pre-existing medical conditions, if any, are made known to the insurance underwriter at the time of application for your insurance for this photo safari. These precautions will avoid any delays in the event that an emergency evacuation or other medical services are called upon, under your policy. We recommend you disclose your participation in this photo tour to your insurer.
1. This photo tour is designed to be within the capabilities of average people in good health. Some of the time participants may be required to walk over uneven terrain or trails, stepping into and out of high safari type vehicles and occasionally hiking. All with a load of sometimes heavy camera equipment. If you have concerns about your own capabilities and/or fitness as it relates to this photo tour, please contact us to clarify any uncertainties.
2. By paying the initial non-refundable deposit, you warrant that, to the best of your knowledge you do not have any physical or other disability that would create a risk for you or other participants.
3. GoGravel Photo Safaris assumes no responsibility for medical care. We will advise the lodges/hotels of any dietary requirements or restrictions for individual participants, if sufficient notice is provided, but we do not assume responsibility for the delivery of such special dietary requirements.
4. If you sustain an injury or become ill on the photo tour, GoGravel Photo Safaris reserves the right to continue the photo tour for the benefit of other participants. GoGravel Photo Safaris will make every effort to assist you while at the same time trying to minimize interruption to the photo tour.
5. GoGravel Photo Safaris reserves the absolute discretion, in the event of behaviour detrimental to other participants, to decline any person’s participation at any time during the photo tour and cancel that person’s participation in the photo tour, in which case any refund will be on a recoverable cost basis only.
1. GoGravel Photo Safaris and/or its agents act only as agents for the participants in this photo tour, in regard to travel arrangements including, but not limited to, day tours, photography, sightseeing, meals, lodging and transportation, whether by railroad, vehicle, motor coach, boat, ship or aircraft. To the fullest extent permitted by law, GoGravel Photo Safaris and/or its agents, disclaim liability for injury, damage, loss, or delay which may be occasioned by reason of a defect in any vehicle or for any other reason whatsoever, or through the acts or default of any company or person engaged in conveying the participant or in carrying out the arrangements of the photo tour.
2. GoGravel Photo Safaris and/or its agents accepts no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or other changes in air or other services, sickness, weather, strike, war, quarantine or other causes.
3. All such losses or expenses are borne by the participant, as the photo tour costs provide for arrangements only for the times and locations stated. Baggage, including photographic equipment is at the participant’s risk entirely, and as an insurable risk.
4. Reasonable care has been taken to compile the information in this and the other documents pertaining to this photo tour, but circumstances change. For example, airline schedule changes, airline fuel charges, taxes and operational costs are subject to change. GoGravel Photo Safaris and/or its agents are not responsible for changes that occur and reserve the right to change the price of the photo tour up to the date of commencement.
5. The right is reserved by GoGravel Photo Safaris to (i) substitute hotels/lodges/tents/camps of similar category for those indicated and to make any changes in the itinerary or transport where deemed necessary or caused by changes in schedules or equipment substitution; (ii) cancel the photo tour prior to departure, in which case a refund as explained under cancellation point 3 will be given. However, in such event GoGravel Photo Safaris and/or its agents will not be responsible for any other trip preparation expenses such as penalized or non-refundable air tickets, visa fees and medical related expenses); (iii) substitute photo tour leader(s) for the leader(s) originally specified, in which case the substitution is not a basis for participant cancellation or refund, and (iv) accept or refuse any person as a participant in the photo tour.
1. GoGravel Photo Safaris does not accept any liability of whatever nature, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party providers. To the fullest extent permitted by law, GoGravel disclaims liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or any other event which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on the part of GoGravel Photo Safaris.