We accept the following payment methods –
- Online Card Payment
- Wire Transfer
- Add the tour to your cart.
- Follow the checkout process to complete your order.
- YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE PAYMENT TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE ORDER - Your online order serves as a booking guarantee, pending completion of payment.
- We will contact you by email and request your payment preference.
- If you want to pay by card, we will send you a payment request from our card payment service provider.
- If you want to pay by wire transfer, we will send you an invoice with all the necessary details like clearing and SWIFT codes.
We accept card payments via PayFast, which is South Africa’s #1 online payment facilitator. We have accepted hundreds of payments via PayFast over the last 5 years without any trouble.
Paying with a card from outside Southern Africa?
Due to PayFast’s rigorous fraud prevention measures, high value sales (like $1000 tour deposits) are often flagged by their system and “frozen” for human inspection. If this happens, the funds will be deducted on your side, but the online payment will look like it failed. No need to panic – we just need to phone them and confirm that everything is in order, which usually takes about 2 minutes.
For this reason, we prefer to be on standby when you make your card payment. When we send you the link for the card payment, we will also agree on a time to for you to make the payment and we’ll make sure that we’re ready to phone them in case the payment gets frozen.
How often does this happen? About 25% of the time.
We know this is irritating, but these kind of safety measures are there to protect you from card fraud.
Unfortunately we cannot accept payments via Paypal for the following reasons -
- They work via a 3rd party in South Africa to make payouts to bank accounts and all the fees add up to more than 5% of the transaction value. We would rather pass that saving on to our customers than to push the price up.
- Their call center is always busy and slow, so when things go wrong, it is a nightmare to try and resolve it. Payfast, on the other hand, usually resolves issues within 2 minutes of picking up the phone.